37 hours per week (Monday – Friday including evening meetings)
NJC Scale 5 SCP 12 - 17 £24,496 - £26,845 p/a, £13.05 - £14.30 per hour depending on experience
Littlehampton Town Council is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to support the Assistant Town Clerk with the provision of a comprehensive service for the Council’s Committee processes and secretarial support for the Town Mayor, this involves some of the following:
- Assist and support the Assistant Town Clerk with the management of meetings in accordance with Standing Orders and for the preparation of agendas, papers, and minutes as appropriate.
- Secretarial support in managing the day-to-day co-ordination of the Mayor’s / Deputy Mayor’s diary in relation to the delivery of their civic duties.
- Monitor and maintain website content, ensuring that information on Members and Committees is accurate, creating social media content and responding to comments.
- Arrange and attend Civic / Council Receptions and Functions.
- Organise the Town Council’s Committee calendar and provide proactive administrative and organisational support for all civic activities including democratic processes.
- Monitor and maintain a wide range of records and databases for the Town Council in respect of the Committee Minutes and Decisions and other functions in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
Excellent communication and ICT skills are also vital to ensure the role is undertaken effectively.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in a local authority or a similar environment, using social media in a corporate environment and have a sound knowledge of Democratic Services. An understanding of the planning system and knowledge of Civic matters would be desirable.
You will be confident assisting Councillors and members of the public with enquiries relating the Town Council’s meetings and Civic matters, organised, flexible, able to multi-task and respond well to changing priorities with excellent time management skills. You must be able to work on your own initiative and be committed to team working.
In return we can offer 22 days annual leave, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme and discounted corporate membership at the Wave Leisure Centre in Littlehampton.
Part-time positions will be considered for this role for the successful candidate(s).
If you are interested in applying, the full job description and person specification for this role is available below together with an application form.
Only completed application forms will be considered for this position and successful shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
For further information and to discuss the role please contact Juliet Harris, Assistant Town Clerk or Peter Herbert, Town Clerk at Littlehampton Town Council on 01903 732063.
Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023
Proposed interview date: Monday 6th February 2023
Proposed start date: As soon as possible