Vacancy for a Councillor
VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR: RIVER WARD
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972 that a vacancy exists in the office of Councillor for the River Ward of Littlehampton Town Council caused by the resignation of Councillor Emily Seex.
2. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if within 14 days (not counting Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve and bank holidays) from the date below ten electors for the parish ward give notice in writing to the Returning Officer requesting such an election. Please include elector numbers and elector signatures on the form.
3. Where ten valid requests for a by-election are received by the Proper Officer then, under the provisions of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and The Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, the by-election will not currently take place, and the vacancy will be held open until the by election takes place. The 2020 regulations provide for the by election to take place on the date for the Ordinary Election of Councillors due to be held on Thursday 6 May 2021. However, this date may be brought forward or deferred by the Government depending upon the circumstances. Any Election that is in due course called will be duly publicised as required by law.
4. The Address of the Returning Officer is: Arun District Council, Civic Centre, Maltravers Road, LITTLEHAMPTON, West Sussex, BN17 5LF
5. If no such notice is given within the time allowed the Town Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
Dated: 11th February 2021
Littlehampton Town Council
West Sussex BN17 5EW