Town Council acts on Coronavirus
Following new advice issued by Government on Monday 16th March for people to avoid non-essential contact with others and stop all unnecessary travel, Littlehampton Town Council has taken several measures to assist the national efforts into delaying the epidemic. These are:
- Closing its reception and Museum located at the Manor House Church Street, to the public from Wednesday 18th March until further notice. You can still call on 01903 732063 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:30) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cancelling the Easter Out & About Sessions due to take place on Wednesday 8th April at Mewsbrook Park, 9th April at Rosemead Park and 15th April at Southfields Rec.
- Cancelling all Committee meetings until further notice except for the Extraordinary Policy & Finance on 14th April and the Extraordinary Full Council on 28th April.
- Reducing all Mayoral public attendances until further notice.
- Closing Southfields Jubilee Centre until further notice. All activity providers have been informed and will be getting in touch with their clients.
The Council will continue to conduct usual tasks such as maintenance of its Rosemead Park and Allotments.
A Council spokesperson said: “It is our duty to look after the health and safety of the staff and visitors to our building and events. These decisions are not made lightly but we all have a duty to protect ourselves and others. We will continue to monitor the situation and following Government advice and ask that you do the same. We urge people to look out for one another whilst remaining vigilant and always seeking advice from the NHS and GOV.UK.”
For latest news please visit the Town Council’s Coronavhttps://www.littlehampton-tc.gov.uk/coronavirusirus page.