Due to the current situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) our Annual Sandcastle Competition has gone virtual!
Build a sandcastle or sand sculpture at home or on the beach sometime this Summer between 20th July and 28th August and submit a photo of your build to enter to win in our very first ever Virtual Sandcastle Competition. We will award prizes to the winner and two runners up courtesy of Harbour Park. If you are making a sandcastle at home making fake sand really couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is mix 8 cups of flour with 1 cup baby oil. And if you keep it in a container with a tight lid, you can enjoy it for years to come!
The winner will receive 2 wristband vouchers to Harbour Park and the runner up's will receive ride vouchers. The prizes are courtesy of Harbour Park.
Please send your entries along with the first name, age of the child and your address to email@example.com by Friday 28th August. You can either scan in your entry or take a photo of your picture using your phone or tablet. All the entries will be published on the Visit Littlehampton Facebook page once the competition has ended.
To enter you must be under 18.
Terms and conditions:
- The competition will run until Friday 28th August 2020. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The entries will be judged by one judge who will select one winner and two runner ups. The judge’s decision shall be final. No feedback will be given.
- The winner will receive vouchers for Harbour Park. This prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. We aim to inform winners within 7 days of the closing date.
- Email your entries along with the first name and age of the child to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 2nd September. You can either scan in your entry or take a photo of your picture using your phone or tablet.
- The winners will be notified by email (using the details provided at entry).
- Entries must be made from sand at the beach, shop brought sand or homemade sand, you can find instructions how to make this above.
- The winners name will be published on the Littlehampton Town Council Website and social media pages (Visit Littlehampton social media pages); there may also be an opportunity for it to be used by the local press.
- The entry must be your own work with limited help from parents/carers.
- By submitting your entry you are giving us permission to repost your image onto our website and social media pages.
- Photos entered must be clear and the sandcastles must be visible
- You will not be able to amend or replace your entry once you have submitted it.
- Entrants can only submit one image each. If you are a parent entering more than one child then this is fine.
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- Littlehampton Town Council will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed, regardless of cause, including, for example, because of any equipment/internet failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.