Community Facility & Changing Rooms at Southfields Recreation Ground
The impressive new community facility funded by Littlehampton Town Council and Arun District Council is up and running.
The design of the completed building was developed in public consultation to be an accessible and flexible community resource providing:
- changing facilities for up to 4 teams
- a space to host exhibitions, meetings, social events, recreational activities, education/training, workshops and seminars.
- a space that can be used by all members of the community from pre-school groups through to social activities for the elderly or hired by public, private and voluntary sector.
- the main hall will have a variety of uses including fitness classes, a pre-school, formal meetings as well as a venue for children’s parties.
- a 2nd hall that can be hired independently as a meeting space as well as providing a breakout area for activities in the main hall when required.
- a kitchen area that can service a variety of events within the building and that can be used as a training room for adult education courses.
- an inner courtyard that will provide an outdoor space for the main and secondary halls as well as a garden area.
- a small office to be used as a flexible space for outreach services.
Even before the new building had opened it has proved to be incredibly popular and an exciting and varied range of activities have already booked their sessions at the new building.
Find out what fantastic activities are available at the centre, download a What's on Guide below: