- The development and formulation of strategies, policies and procedures for the assessment and monitoring of performance.
- The agreement of targets for service delivery after consultation with other Committees.
- The review of the effectiveness of service delivery in all areas of the Council’s functions and the making of recommendations to relevant Committees on the implementation of improvements.
- The review of performance against agreed targets and subsequent making of recommendations to other Committees (and Council where appropriate) for improvement.
- The examination of the Council’s policy on consultation including its effectiveness and the identification of areas for improvement.
- The comparison of the Council’s performance against other service providers and similar councils and subsequent making of recommendations to other Committees (and Council where appropriate) for improvement.
- The monitoring of complaints and the forming of a panel to act as the final internal arbiter when a complaint has been lodged against the Council.
- The external operation of the Equal Opportunities policy.
- The oversight of Corporate Publicity (including the website and the Progress Newsletter and its Editorial Board).
- The provision and maintenance of public notice boards in the ownership of the Council
Membership of the Performance & Publicity Overview Committee
Cllr Ayres CHAIR
Cllr Hulmes VICE CHAIR
Cllr Dr Walsh KStJ
Meetings are programmed in the Calendar of Meetings and are open to the public.
Agendas and Minutes
|Date of meeting||Agendas||Minutes|
|12th February 2013||PPO Agenda 12 Feb 2013 [pdf] 556KB||PPO Minutes 12 Feb 2013 [pdf] 113KB|
|7th May 2013||PP&O Agenda 7 May 2013 [pdf] 13MB||PPO Minutes 7 May 2013 [pdf] 950KB|