A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN FOR LITTLEHAMPTON
The Neighbourhood Plan is not to be confused with the Arun District Council's Local Plan but is of equal importance to Littlehampton.
As Chair of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group & the Town Council Planning & Transportation Committee I have had the pleasure of overseeing together with my colleagues on the Steering Group, the preparation and journey of the Neighbourhood Plan. We are now ready to submit our Plan to the District Council.
The Submission Neighbourhood Plan presents a range of policies which the Steering Group believes reflects your views, are consistent with the key objectives and are in general conformity with the District Council’s existing and emerging Local Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework.
This document is the version that will be submitted under the Neighbourhood Plan Regulations 2012, the 1990 Town & Country Planning Act (as amended), the Localism Act 2011 and contains the policies relating to development and use of land within the town.
The next stages are:
· Arun District Council (ADC) will check that the regulatory requirements have been complied with
· ADC will publicise the document for 6 weeks, starting on the 5th December 2013
· At the end of this period when the number and type of representations are known an independent examiner will be appointed by ADC with the agreement of the Town Council
· The Examiner will carry out the examination and issue their report
· ADC will publish the report and how it intends to respond to it, and if this is positive, then arrangements will be put in place for a referendum
· If a positive vote is received by the majority of respondents at referendum the Plan becomes the Planning Document that will guide the future of the Town
Councillor Jill Long, Chair of the Planning & Transportation Committee