PUBLIC FORUM AT COUNCIL MEETINGS
The Town Council is always willing to listen to the public concerning matters which affect the Town of Littlehampton and allows any member of the public to address the Council or its Committees. If possible, notice of intention to address the Council should be given to the Town Clerk by noon of the day of the meeting. A period of 15 minutes is allowed at each of the following meetings for the public to address the Council. These are: -
- Full Council
- Policy and Finance Committee
- Community Resources Committee
- Planning and Transportation Committee
- Property and Personnel Committee
- Performance & Publicity Overview Committee
Committee Membership 2012/13
Councillors for each of the Committees are elected annually. Details of membership can be found on each Committee page. In addition, the Council also has the following internal Committees:-
Governance and Audit Committee
Cllr Northeast CHAIR
Cllr Weston VICE CHAIR
The matters delegated to this Committee are:
- Recommend to Council, the appointment of the Internal Auditor.
- Recommend to Council to conclude the contract of engagement of the Internal Auditor.
- To receive the Internal Audit Report.
- Consider the recommendations of the Internal Audit Report and comment upon these.
- Recommend to the appropriate Standing Committee action in order to address issues that may be raised through the Internal Audit Report.
- Recommend to Council matters relating to Financial Regulations and improvement.
- Recommend to Council the programme of Internal Audit Review.
- Receive requests from Standing Committees for Internal Audit investigation
Major Projects Steering Group
Cllr Belchamber MBE
Progress Editorial Board
Cllr Belchamber MBE
Cllr Dr Walsh KStJ
Allotments Working Group
See also Representatives on outside bodies
If possible, notice of intention to address the Council should be given to the Town Clerk by noon of the day of the meeting.